The energy sector is developing rapidly. The process of European market integration began some years ago. Its purpose is to create a single European market that enables market parties to trade gas and electricity across national borders easily and efficiently.
Prices and regulations for using the electricity grid of TenneT TSO GmbH
- the Energy Economy Act (EnWG) of 7 July 2005,
- the Electricity Network Fee Regulation Ordinance (StromNEV) of 25 July 2005,
- the Electricity Network Access Ordinance (StromNZV) of 25 July 2005
- and the Incentive Regulation Ordinance (ARegV) of 29 October 2007.
Supplemental to the EnWG, the valid legal regulations for the support of combined heat and power and of renewable energies are also implemented in each case.
The total fees for grid use of the electricity grid of TenneT TSO GmbH are made up of several components.
The grid fees contain the following:
- Use of the grid infrastructure (lines, transformers, switching systems etc.)
- Provision of the system services (maintaining the frequency, maintaining the voltage, supply recovery, and company management) and
- Coverage of losses occurring during electricity transport.
Fees are understood to be inclusive of added costs for the Combined Heat and Power Act, reactive power use if applicable, license fee if applicable and VAT in the respective legal amount.
The grid area
TenneT TSO GmbH operates a maximum voltage grid in the following federal states:
- Lower Saxony,
- Hanseatic City of Bremen,
- North Rhine-Westphalia,
- Hesse und
As a grid operator, TenneT TSO GmbH is responsible for a safe and reliable grid operation as well as for transporting the electricity. Access to our grid is based on objective, transparent and discrimination-free criteria.
On the following Internet pages, you can find detailed, summarised information on using the grid of the electricity supply network of TenneT TSO GmbH.
Naturally, you can contact us directly if you have any questions on using the grid or calculating the grid fees: