We are primarily tasked with providing power transmission services, system services and facilitating the energy market. Our core tasks follow from our appointment as grid operator under the Dutch 'Elektriciteitswet' (E-wet) and the German 'Energiewirtschaftsgesetz' (EnWG).
TenneT is a leading European electricity transmission system operator (TSO), with activities in the Netherlands and in Germany. We strive to ensure a reliable and uninterrupted supply of electricity in our high-voltage grid for some 42 million people.
Our Principles are the rules we live by at TenneT influencing how we communicate and how we behave, the decisions we make and how we work with others, both in and outside TenneT.
They will support us living up to our Purpose and Promise, and are what we want people to recognise us for as we become a more flexible learning organisation.
To transform TenneT we need more ownership. Be responsible for your words, actions and decisions. And create a safe working environment together.
- We take ownership of our choices and actions for those of others
- We are accountablef or what we say and do and we deliver what we promise
- We feel responsible to create a safe environment for each othe
- We celebrate success and show pride and pleasure in what we achieve
To transform TenneT we need courage. Be honest, open and clear about what we think. Dare to make decisions, take initiative and be prepared to learn from our mistakes.
- We listen carefully and take the opinions and contributions of others into account
- We personally connect and pay attention in daily interactions and conversations
- We cooperate and bridge gaps for shared goals and a common purpose
- We respect each other, accept differences and embrace diversity
We get personally involved, work actively with others, respect different opinions and accept differences and diversity
- We speak our truth: we are open and clear about what we think, feel, value, believe and need
- We dare to make decisions and follow through based on clear roles and responsibilities
- We encourage new ideas, take initiatives and risks and explore new ways of working
- We are open to learn and perceive mistakes as learning opportunities
Mission, vision, values
We strive to ensure a reliable and uninterrupted supply of electricity in our high-voltage grid for some 42 million people. In doing so, we make every effort to meet our stakeholders' needs by being responsible, engaged and connected.Read more
TenneT Holding B.V. was established to segregate our statutory tasks from our non-regulated activities. It is wholly owned by the Dutch Ministry of Finance.Read more